Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving is upon us and it is a good chance to take a breath and thank those around us who make our lives complete.

This year especially, I feel very thankful. I have a terrific family that is as involved and supportive of this new adventure as any family could be. My kids are a homegrown focus group. Their honesty on everything I do is humbling. But, they also let me know when we have a winner. I am happy to say that everything in our line they like. And the items they did not like…they are not in the line. My wife makes sure I stay grounded and true to our mission. She is the glue that keeps the family together. Other than the 20,000 miles a year on her mini-van, she makes it look effortless.

My extended family is incredible as well. They send me updates from around the country on happenings in the toy aisle, competitive comparisons, and new product ideas. It is fun and reminds me that no one does anything purely on their own.

I am thankful to be working with talented, self-motivated, smart, funny people. When you start your own company you get to choose who you will work with. It was important to me that I like and respect everyone on the team. I do.

I am thankful for our business partners for their faith in us and our potential. I am thankful for my friends who know me well and have listened to me try to explain why I think the world needs another jigsaw puzzle company. And I am thankful to the strangers who answer the phone when we call. They listen to our company’s story and understand we have something different to offer.

I think we forget sometimes how interconnected we are and how much we need others and they need us. Enjoy Thanksgiving and go shopping on Friday (and Saturday and Sunday and everyday from now until X-mas).

Thank you,
JPC

No comments: